Interview with Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Katarina Karadjordjevic for magazine “Minja” from Republic of Srpska - 15th of February 2003
1. How did You adjust to Belgrade, and how did Belgrade adjust to You?
You mean how I adjusted to living in our country. My husband and I have always been with our people. The difference now is that we are physically at home living close to the people. How did Belgrade adjust to me – that question is not for me to answer.
2. You have lived in many countries, in which one do You feel the most comfortable?
It is not a question of comfort. What is important is to live in a country that is very close to your heart and to have the opportunity to help people to improve their lives for the better.
3. Do You find support in society at Your charity work?
Yes there is a lot of sympathy at home and internationally. Actually I find that people do care about the people in our country.
4. What is your idea of “perfect day”?
To be able to accomplish what you have set out to accomplish.
5. Which are the things that make you happy?
To see my family in good health and happiness. To be bring smiles to peoples faces. When I give of myself for the good of people.
6. If You ever caught the golden fish, which three wishes would You ask from her?
Peace in the world. Respect for all regardless of religion or ethnic origin. Caring for one another.
7. How much is the life of one Princess different from common life?
It depends how the princess sees herself. I see myself as someone who has been blessed with an opportunity to help ones own country.
8. What would you never admit to your husband?
I am honest with my husband and I tell him everything otherwise there cannot be a good relationship between two people.
9. What does love needs?
Honesty, understanding, respect, care, sensitivity for each others needs and reciprocation of each others needs.
10. Do you like to sing?
Yes I do.
11. Which human characteristic you do not like?
12. To whom you are open to tell all things about yourself?
To my husband.
13. How do You imagine yourself in twenty years?
Helping my people in my country and spending time with my children and grandchildren and hopefully my parents.
14. What is your aim in life?
To make a significant difference in this world.
15. Are you afraid of something?
No, with God’s help I feel strong.
Author Mrs. Zorica Djukic