DAS GOLDENE BLATT, 9 November 2009 Number 47
Crown Prince Alexander II of
Here are his dreams about the
If Serbia would became a kingdom, he would be the king. Crown Prince
Alexander (64) exclusively guided the crew of the magazine “Das Goldene Blatt”
(The Golden Sheet) through his gorgeous palace in Belgrade. Here are his dreams
about the crown. During the interview Crown Prince revealed that Queen Elisabeth
(83) is his godmother: “Parliamentary monarchy is a good solution for our
DAS GOLDENE BLATT: Your Royal Highness, do you believe to come to the
throne one day?
Crown Prince Alexander: I never lost hope. A king should be someone who is
neutral and who does not belong to any political party. In parliamentary
monarchies such as Spain or the Netherlands there is a prime minister and of
course general elections. In Serbia there is great interest in this kind of
You grew up abroad? How was it to return back to your homeland?
After I came back, my dreams came true. I gained a lot of experience abroad.
However it is wonderful now to be in Serbia again, because here I can feel my
Why is this Palace something so special for you?
My father and grandfather lived in this Palace. When my father had to go tin
exile, he suffered a lot from homesickness. When I moved into this Palace in
2001 with my spouse and three sons, the circle was closed.
Can you describe the daily life of a Crown Prince?
My wife and I are very involved in humanitarian activities. Moreover I am
trying to attract foreign investor to our beautiful country. I am very often in
Germany and I am especially thrilled with German beer and sausages!
• The Chapel impressive by its grandiosity and colour
• The dining room with a rich decorated wooden ceiling is a meeting point for
the whole family
• Special attraction in the Central Hall is the black and white marble floor
• Crown Prince Alexander II grew up in exile in England, France, Italy and the
• This salon with a sky blue carpet and golden furniture is decorated with
massive white columns
• The unique ambiance: a Salon with billiard table is situated in the basement
• Crown Prince Alexander returned to the gorgeous Palace in Belgrade in 2001
• The salons of the Palace are light flooded and wonderfully decorated. Precious
candleholders and antiques create a unique atmosphere
• The Royal Family: Crown Prince Alexander II, Crown Princess Katherine and sons
Prince Peter (29) and Princes Philip and Alexander (both 27)