OPENING OF FITNESS CENTRE “RED STAR BELGRADE” ROWING
Belgrade, 15 September 2006 – HRH Crown Prince Alexander
II attended today the opening of the Wellness Centre of
“Red Star Belgrade” Rowing Club at
The hosts at the opening were the members of the Crown
Council, the Chairman of the Club Prof. Dr. Dragoljub Kavran and the
Director of the Club Mr. Dusan Kovacevic.
HRH Crown Prince Alexander II became the Patron of the
Rowing Club “Red Star Belgrade” in September 2002, and thus renewed the
patronage of the Royal Family over this Club.
The Rowing Club was established in 1922, under the name
“Belgrade”. Since 1929, the Club was under the high patronage of HM Queen
Maria. In 1945, it changed the name into “Red Star”, and in 1997, the Club
added its original name and since then it is known as “Red Star Belgrade”
Beside the Crown Prince, this celebration was attended by
HE Bojan Dimitrijevic Minister of
Trade, Tourism and Services of Republic of Serbia as well as a great
number of sport lovers, former and present members of the club, as well as
friends from other sport associations.