CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER AT THE CEREMONIAL OPENING OF TESLA’S
Belgrade, 13 July 2007 – His Royal Highness Crown Prince
Alexander II, accompanied by Mr. Dragomir Acovic member of the Privy Council,
attended last night the ceremonial opening of Tesla’s Fountain in downtown
Belgrade, which was done in accordance with the original patent of Nikola Tesla.
Tesla’s fountain was opened to mark the 115th anniversary of
the Belgrade Water Company and the first realisation of Nikola Tesla’s patent
dated 28 October 1913.
The ceremony was hosted by Mr. Vladimir Tausanovic, Director
of the Belgrade Water Company “Beogradski Vodovod” and Mr. Vladimir Jelenković,
Director of the Nikola Tesla Museum under the patronage of the President of the
Belgrade City Assembly Mr. Milorad Perovic.
Beside His Royal Highness the ceremony was also attended by
HE Radomir Naumov, Minister of Religion, representatives of the Belgrade City
Secretariat for Culture as well as large number of curious citizens and admirers
of Nikola Tesla.
The fountain is located at the corner of Krunska and Prote
Mateje Streets, in the vicinity of the Nikola Tesla Museum, which for this
occasion organised an exhibition “Tesla’s fountain” which was also officially
opened last night.
This is the first time in the world that a fountain with such
small energy consumption has been constructed.