CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER VISITS RED STAR ROWING CLUB
Belgrade, 31 May 2008 - His Royal Highness Crown Prince
Alexander II visited today the Red Star Rowing Club accompanied by Mr.
Dragomir Acovic, member of the Privy Council and Professor Dragoljub Kavran,
member of the Crown Council, on the occasion of the opening of the Hall of
Fame dedicated to the Karadjordjevic Royal Family.
The Crown Prince, patron of the Club, ceremoniously cut
the ribbon and thus opened the Memorial Hall of Fame. Speeches were
delivered by Professor Dragoljub Kavran, member of the Crown Council, Mr.
Dragomir Acovic, member of the Privy Council, and Mr. Vladan Kovacevic,
President of the Executive Board of the Red Star Rowing Club.
After the Hall of Fame opening, the guests had the
pleasure to enjoy a demonstration of rowing skills, attend the naming of
boats and sail on a boat that was donated to the Club by Mrs. Mira
The Club was founded in 1922 as the Belgrade Rowing Club,
under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Maria Karadjordjevic of Yugoslavia,
grandmother of Crown Prince Alexander. The Club had changed its name to Red
Star Rowing Club in 1945, which remains to be the Club’s name today.